• PL
  • EN
  • DE
×

Wyszukaj w serwisie

Church of St. Nicholas in Krapkowice

In the Middle Ages, there was a church and a parish here, as mentioned in the list of tithes from 1330. The present church building was built at the end of the fourteenth century - and despite the thorough many elements of Gothic architecture have been preserved. These include rib vaults in the presbytery, as well as gothic escarpments outside and sculptural elements in the façade, depicting human faces. These are unique examples of medieval architectural sculpture in the region. In 1400, the church was enlarged by a rosary chapel, and in 1425 for the chapel of St. Anne. In the years 1534-1626 the temple passed into the hands of Protestants. This happened as a result of the extinction of the princely line of the Piasts, when the city was pledged to Margraf Georg von Jägerdorf, a staunch supporter of Protestantism.

From the north to the church adjoins a small porch, from the west a square tower with cylindrical stair. In the chancel and the central and northern aisles, a stone rib vault dated to the end of the fourteenth century has been preserved. Inside you can see many valuable paintings and objects of sacred art from the eighteenth century. In the church there are: a stone baptismal font from the first half of the sixteenth century, a baroque-classicist pulpit, a monstrance from 1744, the Holy Trinity and a canopy in glory with the urban feature of Głogówek. You can also see the tombstones of the Rederns, the owners of Krapkowice in the years 1582-1765. Noteworthy is the antepedium - the lower curtain of the side altar, transformed

from the tombstone of Hans von Redern with bas-relief coats of arms. Two fragments of this tombstone - with angels holding plaques, are placed in the wall of the southern aisle. In the wall of the rosary chapel, tombstones of Anna Logau von Redern, Hans von Redern and a young woman were embedded.

×

Zapisz się do newslettera

Wyrażam zgodę na otrzymywanie drogą elektroniczną na wskazany przeze mnie adres e-mail Newsletter wysyłany przez Gminę Krapkowice z siedzibą przy ul. 3 Maja 17, 47-303 Krapkowice. Oświadczam, że Zostałem poinformowany, że zgodę mogę wycofać w dowolnym momencie. Zostałam poinformowany, że mam prawo wglądu, poprawiania oraz żądania usunięcia moich danych osobowych w dowolnej chwili (polityka prywatności).